Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Under Over-Achiever

Many times when a New Year presents itself, many will list out the resolutions or goals they would like to achieve. Most, in my opinion, are overly audacious and unattainable without a very deep commitment.

I am one of those people who set goals frequently, looks five years ahead and plans for education, childcare costs, medical expense, etc. It's pretty sickening how annoying I am about the planning. I even have a tab on my Excel budget spreadsheet that details the life insurance I have on both myself and my husband-- not totally weird yet. But then I take the amount and less the outstanding debt to pay off, how much to put into a trust for the kiddos, and how much will go in savings less our continued single annual salary. Told ya it was weird.

So it is safe to say I am an over-achiever. But often due to life happenings, it is easy for me to get off course with out goals, or to become so sick of the limits I set on myself that I will just say screw it and buy whatever until I come to my senses and get back on track. This is what you call an under over-achiever. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy that I can't seem to break. Ironically, I should set a goal to not forget to stick to my goals, but we all know how that will end.

How do you stick to your commitments? Any tips for an under over-achiever and how I can walk the line?!

No comments:

Post a Comment